The Website may utilize or permit several different categories of cookies, as follows:
- Essential cookies – These cookies are essential for the proper operation of the Website. For example, they may facilitate page navigation or assist with security checks.
- Functional/preference cookies – These cookies allow us to remember your preferences (such as your username, language, or the region you are in) and allow us to make the Website experience better for you.
- Marketing cookies – These cookies are used to highlight articles, other content, or services that we (or in some cases a third party) believe will be of interest to you based to some extent on your use of the Website.
- Analytics/performance cookies – These cookies help us understand how our Website perform, how visitors interact with the Website, and whether there may be technical issues. These cookies also allow us to analyze how visitors use our Website and to measure website performance, and they also allow us to provide a quality experience by customizing our offering and quickly identifying and addressing issues that arise.
We do use or allow certain third parties to serve cookies on the Website. We may allow third parties to serve cookies to help identify fraudulent or automated traffic on the Website. In addition, third parties that provide content feeds may serve cookies. We may use third-party cookies to help us with market research, improving functionality, and enforcing Website terms and policies. For example, like many companies, we use Google Analytics to help us evaluate our website traffic. You can see how Google Analytics uses cookie information across various websites by visiting https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites, or any successor webpage that Google may provide.
A list of cookies that may be used on the Website can be found by clicking on the green cookie logo on the Website. In relation to the information collected through cookies on our Website, we are using a service provider to remove any personal information before it is provided to a cookie provider (such as Google Analytics, YouTube, etc.).
Your browser may allow you to disable certain cookies. Third party cookie providers may provide an opt out tool for their cookie(s). Note that disabling cookies may in some instances impact the functionality of the Website. Opt-out functionality for Google Analytics can be found here.
You may learn more about advertising networks and opt out of receiving personalized advertisements on this browser or device from advertisers who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out options of each of those organizations. Links to their opt-out sites are set forth below.
- Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices
- Digital Advertising Alliance: http://www.aboutads.info/choices
Note that, when you opt out of personalized advertising, you may continue to see online advertising on the Website and/or our ads on other websites and online services. Also, given that many opt-outs themselves use a cookie to effectuate an opt-out preference, you may need to opt-out again if you clear cookies on your browser.