Last updated: November 21, 2023
Rogers respects the privacy of all visitors to its Website. Rogers is committed to maintaining the integrity and security of personal information of its Website visitors.
Information We Collect:
We collect information, including personal information, to provide better services to you. We use the term “personal information” to refer to any information that identifies or can be used to identify you. Common examples of personal information include: name, email address, digital identifier, such as your IP address, information about your device, and certain metadata.
The personal information which we collect includes, but is not limited to, the following circumstances and data elements:
Information that you provide to Rogers.
- Contacting Us and Requests for Information. When you express an interest in obtaining additional information about our services, fill out forms, or use our “Contact us” feature, we collect your personal information, such as your name, phone number, email address, and the subject and contents of any messages. This includes personal information on any document you may attach to form.
- Communications and Inquiries. When you communicate with Rogers by phone, email or chat functions we collect the personal information you provide, such as your name, email address, and phone number. This also includes personal information on any documents you may attach to emails.
- Newsletter Subscription. If you subscribe to our newsletter, we may collect your name and email address to send you emails and information about our services.
- Donations. If you make a donation to us, including in-person, via mail, over the phone, or through other methods that we may provide, we will collect your name, billing address, the amount of your donation, bank account or credit card information, and other payment information; we also use a third party payment processors to process payment card payments.
- Events, Gatherings, and Galas. If you attend one of our events, gatherings, or galas, we may collect your personal information, such as your name and contact information.
- “Share you Rogers Foundation experience” Form and Other Forms. If you fill out a form on the Website, we will collect the information you provide, such as your name, the patient’s first and last name, treatment program, level of care, treatment location, email address, and state of residence.
- Applications for Gifts and Grants. If you apply for a gift or grant from us, we will collect the information you provide, such as your name, the patient’s name, treatment program, level of care, treatment location, email address, and state of residence.
- Fundraising campaigns. If you host a fundraising campaign for Rogers, you may provide some personal information to us and we will collect such information, such as your name and any other information you may provide.
Social Media. If you post information on our webpage on a social media platform, we may use the information to respond, to promote our services, and in the normal course of our operations. We may collect your personal information, such as your social media username, and other personal characteristics that you have made publicly available on the social media website. Note that the third-party operators of social media websites also receive such information, and their use of your personal information is governed by their own privacy policies.
Automated Data Collection: Cookies & Similar Technologies. We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit one of our Website or open one of our emails, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. These similar technologies include web beacons and web server logs. We may also use these technologies to collect and store information when you interact with services from our partners, such as advertising services.
Cookies & Similar Technologies. We use “cookies,” which are small text files stored on your computer/device (and maintained by your browser), and often include a randomized unique identifier so that our Website can ‘recognize’ this cookie again. We may use such technologies to collect personal identifiers (such as your IP address), information about your device (such as your browser characteristics, device IDs and characteristics, and operating system version) and information concerning your usage of our Website (including the link you used to reach a given webpage) and interactions with our emails. We use this information to determine how many users have visited particular webpages, viewed particular videos, or opened messages or alerts, and we may also use such information. This helps us establish, maintain, and manage our relationship with you, and also helps us to optimize and provide the Website for your use and benefit, to improve our marketing activities, and to enforce our Website’s service terms and prevent malicious conduct.
You may be able to change a web browser’s settings to block and delete cookies when you access the Website through that web browser. However, if you do that, the Website may not work properly; also, we will still receive basic information (such as last URL visited) when you navigate to the Website. Rogers does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals or similar signals, unless required by applicable law.
How We Use Information We Collect
We use the personal information we collect from our Website to provide, maintain, and improve it, to provide information and services, and to protect our company and you. We also use your personal information in ways that are compatible with the operational purposes for which it was collected or authorized by you, including for the following purposes:
- To present, operate, or improve the Website and our services, including analysis of Website activity;
- To inform you about the services and products available from Rogers;
- To authorize access to our Website;
- To process your donations;
- To personalize your experience to deliver content and products that most interest you;
- To improve our customer service;
- To respond to your questions, inquiries, comments, and requests and to provide support to you;
- To comply with all applicable legal requirements; and
- To investigate possible fraud or other violations of our Website’s service terms or this Policy and/or attempts to harm you.
Our Disclosures of Information
We may disclose any of the categories of personal information listed above for our operational purposes and services as described below.
Service Providers and Vendors. Rogers uses service providers and vendors to provide services on Rogers’ behalf and Rogers may disclose your personal information to them. Rogers informs these vendors and services providers that they may not share or use your information for any other purposes.
Affiliates. We may disclose information, including personal information, with affiliates in the normal course of our operations, such as to communicate with you and to promote and provide our services.
Legal and Similar Purposes. We may disclose your personal information for legal reasons. Specifically, we will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Rogers if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- enforce Website’s service terms, including investigation of potential violations;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Rogers, you, or the public as required or permitted by law.
We will attempt to notify you about legal demands for your personal information when appropriate in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague or lack proper authority, but we do not promise to challenge every demand.
Merger, sale, or other asset transfers. We may disclose your personal information in the event of a business transfer. If we establish a new related entity, are acquired by or merged with another organization, or if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another organization, personal information about our users is often a transferred business asset. In the event that Rogers itself or substantially all of our assets are acquired, personal information about our users may be one of the transferred assets.
Links to Unaffiliates Third-Party Websites
The Website may contain links to webpages operated by parties other than Rogers. We do not control such websites and are not responsible for their contents or the privacy policies or other practices of such websites. Our inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the material on such websites or any association with their operators. This Policy only applies to our Website.
No Use by Children
The Website is intended for use by individuals 18 years of age and older. We do not intend to collect information on anyone under 13 years old. If a child has provided us with personal information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us to have the information deleted from our records. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13 in the applicable jurisdiction, please contact us at FoundationCompliance@rogersbh.org.
How We Protect Information
The security of the information that is transmitted to us through the Website is important to us, and we implement and maintain reasonable, commercially acceptable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information we store, in order to protect it from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. However, it is not possible to guarantee that information sent through the internet will be completely secure, and we are not responsible for the actions, content, information or data of third parties that may affect you or your information. No method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure.
Certain jurisdictions have specific legal requirements and grant privacy rights with respect to personal information, and we will comply with the restrictions and any requests you submit as required by applicable law. If you are seeking to exercise your rights under the law of a specific jurisdiction, please contact us using the Contact Us section below.
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents have the right to request from a business any personal information that a business may have shared with a third party for direct marketing purposes. We do not share personal information with any third party for direct marketing purposes.
Changes to this Policy
If you have any questions about our Policy, please do not hesitate to contact us by emailing FoundationCompliance@rogersbh.org.